24 September 2013

Twenty Dollars


"A well known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill. In the room of 200, he asked. “Who would like this $20 bill?”

Hands started going up. He said, “I am going to give this $20 to one of you - but first, let me do this.”

He proceeded to crumple the 20 dollar note up. He then asked, “Who still wants it?”

Still, the hands were up in the air.

“Well,” he replied, “What if I do this?” He dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. “Now, who still wants it?”

Still, the hands went into the air.

“My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20.

Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless; but no matter what happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value.

Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to those who love you. The worth of our lives comes, not in what we do or who we know, but by WHO WE ARE.

You are special - don’t ever forget it.”

It's definitely been a while since my last post. I haven't been shooting much lately, nor have I been doing anything interesting enough to blog about, so I do hope that this short story (if it could be referred to as such) could make up for my lack of recent posts and absence. I found it through Tumblr and thought it was worth a share. We all need to hear this story at least once in our lives. I will hopefully be blogging about an update on my life and what's been going on lately, in case any of you guys are interested. Remember that you are loved. Take care.

11 comments:

  1. I totally agree with this. I love your new post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful.

    http://ciaoysabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. It may be short but has so much value. Thanks for sharing this! (The blogosphere misses you!)

    http://orangeclosetdoors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww my Filip prof told us that short story before the term ended. I love that story

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really opened my mind. Thanks for sharing :)

    http://okaygia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard it a few timesand it's certainly worth it.
    Bian, Mortem Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is so inspiring and unique. Thank you for sharing this story!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so inspiring Nina :) Can I repost this on my blog? :)


    http://ara-francisco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH I KNOW THIS STORY! except I heard the PHP1000 version, but that's like.. more than $20 if you convert it... So I guess it's the same HAHAHA.

    thanks for stopping by my blog btw! and girl, don't give up! stay strong and stuff yknow? hahaha

    http://snippitydoodah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete