23 January 2013

The Most Astounding Fact

The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them in their cores and exploded these enriched ingredients across our galaxy, billions of years ago. For this reason, we are biologically connected to every other living thing in the world. We are chemically connected to all molecules on Earth. And we are atomically connected to all atoms in the universe. We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.

— Neil deGrasse Tyson

It was particularly starry a few nights ago, so I laid myself down in our backyard on some towels (which were placed over plywood), brought out my tripod and camera with me, then started shooting. I'm pleased with how the photos turned out, although there's so much more room for improvement. I don't think a lot of people know this about me, but I am absolutely in love with the stars and the outer space. I go through a lot of websites (Hello AboveTopSecret!) and spend hours reading posts about the universe and all the peculiarities within it. I hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far! I'll leave you with two of the most beautiful videos I have ever seen. Till the next post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment